ComfortBase® is a resilient board that cushions hard concrete, yet is structural and durable enough for heavy traffic and moving furniture. The single-ply concrete flooring system is perfect for finishing basements or improving concrete slab floors, increasing the floor surface temperature with twice the insulation of wood, and reducing foot, leg and back pain caused by standing, sitting or walking on concrete floors. The uniquely engineered bottom surface provides a built-in ventilation system, which allows concrete to breath naturally without causing panels to curl or bow.
ComfortBase is easy to apply over concrete floors; following our float method for installation under carpet and pad eliminates the need for stubborn mechanical fasteners. Comfort Base may be also used with laminate floors, following manufacturers installation instructions.
AVAILABLE IN TRUCKLOAD QUANTITES ONLY.
- 3 Part Specifications
- Comfort Base General Installation Instructions
- Comfort Base for Hardwood Flooring Over Concrete Installation Instructions
- See ComfortBase® in Homasote's current Sound Control Catalog.
- Cushioning structure reduces foot, leg and back pain
- Built-in ventilating grid system improves room conditions
- Easy to install; no mechanical fasteners required*
- Rooms feel warmer, helping reduce heating bills
- Adds only 1/2" to floor height
*Certain applications – see installation instructions
Typical Physical Properties
|Tensile parallel to surface (min.):||450-700 psi|
|Transverse M.O.R. (min.):||750-1000 psi|
|Water absorption by volume (max.):
2 hrs. immersion
|Noise Reduction Coefficient:||0.20|
|Flame Spread:||Class III (or C)|
|Panel Size (nominal):||1/2" x 48" x 48"|
ICC-ES Report ESR-1374