440 SoundBarrier® controls sound in floors, walls and ceilings.
Independently lab tested and time-proven in millions of square feet of residential and commercial structures, 440 SoundBarrier® is a special-density, structural board made from 100 percent environmental Homasote® cellulose fiber, a homogeneous composition manufactured with uniformly distributed protection against termites, rot and fungi and resistance to moisture. It also insulates, with twice the R-value of wood. Made with FSC® certified material.
Carpenters and do-it-yourselfers can easily install 440 SoundBarrier® in room partitions and peripheral walls, ceilings and floors, in:
- single or multi-family housing
- high and low-rise apartments and condominiums
- professional buildings
- assisted living facilities
- 440 SoundBarrier® Installation Highlights - Floors
- 440 SoundBarrier® Installation Highlights - Walls and Ceilings
- See these products in Homasote Company's current Product Catalog.
- Tested Assemblies for Metal and Wood Stud Walls
- The Natural Choice for SoundControl
- Better Seen and Not Heard! - IBC 1206 - Sound control in floors and walls in multi-family mandates a minimum of STC 50 and IIC 50
- 440 SoundBarrier does reduce energy costs!
- 440 SoundBarrier vs 3/4" Gypsum
- 440 SoundBarrier vs 1-1/4" Gypsum
- 3 Part Specifications
- Tested Floor/Ceiling Assemblies
- UL Design Numbers for 440 SoundBarrier
- Floor Applications Installation Instructions
- Wall Applications Installation Instructions
- Ceiling Applications Installation Instructions
What else, besides post-consumer paper, is used in manufacturing Homasote®? To find out click here.
440 SoundBarrier's Advantages
- FSC® Certified
- Easy to handle, cut and shape
- Widely available in convenient sizes
- Ready to apply directly to framing
- Provides excellent noise attenuation when installed as recommended
- Provides excellent, moisture-resistant thermal insulation
|1/2"||4' x 4', 4' x 8',
4' x 10'
|1.2 lb/sq. ft.|
|5/8"||4' x 8'||1.5 lb/sq. ft.|
|3/4"||4' x 8'||1.8 lb/sq. ft.|
Typical Physical Properties
|Tensile, parallel to surface (min.):||450-700 psi|
|Transverse M.O.R. (min.):||750-1000 psi|
|Hardness, Janka Ball (min.):||230 lbs.|
|Water absorption by volume (max.):
2 hrs. immersion
|Expansion from 50%-90%
relative humidity (max.):
|Noise Reduction Coefficient:||0.20|
|Flame Spread:||Class III (or C)|
Floor/Ceiling Assemblies (UL L-500 Series) in which Homasote is Listed
|UL FIRE RESISTANCE RATING DESIGN NUMBERS|
ICC ES ESR-1374
FHA Material Release 1150e and 930e
Want more Information about Sound Control?
Visit www.mysoundchek.com to learn more about sound control products and practices.